Friday, August 1, 2008

I been everywhere man

I've been to:
Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,
Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,
Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,
Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport,
Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina,
Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean-a.
I've been everywhere, man. I've been everywhere, man.
I'm sure you know the song either from a commercial or from Johnny Cash but that's the way I feel today I'll tell ya. I was up and at um at 5 am then off the Bella's Dentist Appointment at 86th & Township Line at 8:30 . Then up to Westfield to visit with Meemaw Sandy at work. Then back to the west side to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to renew our Brickyard tickets. Then downtown for lunch at Shapiro's Deli with my Aunt and Cousins. Then back to the East side for nap and the Gym. Then off to the south side to for dinner here. Yes I know I had to go work out so I can eat out I am well aware that it's a vicious cycle.
So I have taken photo's of our little jaunt around our fine city . First off a trip to get Bella's teeth cleaned. I love her dentist she is great with kids and my cousin used to work there so I know all of the girls.She loves the waiting room there too. All the books and toys for her to check out. Not to mention riding the elevator and pushing the buttons.Bella got Marshmallow flavored toothpaste,a princess toothbrush,a super bouncy ball ,stickers AND a bright shiny new hot pink balloon for her effort and still managed to cause a scene that took 3 of us to hold her down for a measly tooth cleaning.After the fact she was quite pleased with herself though and managed to smile around her new balloon.
The it was off to visit Meemaw where we had to go and yuck up those shiny clean teeth IMMEDIATELY if not sooner. Not any cookie would do mind you. It HAD to be pink,so of course Meemaw delivered. We are in big trouble with this kid I'll tell ya . Then we were able to talk with Meemaw for awhile and I decided since Bella was doing pretty good we would get her a flower. She will do most anything for a flower so I got her to do a couple of silly poses for me with it. Then we had to say "so long" to Meemaw and make our way back around the other side of 465.

Then Zoom Zoom we rolled into the speedway and renewed our Brickyard Tickets for next year.
Bella did really well and was pretty patient at the ticket counter.





Then off down 16th st to pick up Jeff and Charlin my Darlin. Then off to meet Lisa for lunch.





During lunch Bella was starting to have meltdowns (way past nap time ) so we left and headed for home and a nice nap. She was asleep before we got home. Then I decide to pick up a little around the house and called Dad to confirm our date at gym. Then on my way called granny to make sure she would join us. We did a new routine that the trainer had went over with me on Wed. Let me tell ya my legs know it too. Then a quick 25 mins on the treadmill and we were done. Off to the shower at home and then we headed down to eat on the south side with a gift card I'd gotten from my dear cousins Donald & Becky for my birthday.



It was awesome. I love their food and not to mention the cheesecake. I got a the BLT Salad and Mom got the Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp and we shared. The Bang Bang was good but DON"T get it if you expect it the be like here because it's not like it at all but it was pretty good.Then Mom had Lemon cello cake and I had Adam's Peanut butter cup cheesecake YUM! Adam and Bella shared the chicken fingers (of all the things to get from a 30 page menu) then Bella had the "cream" off of my and Mom's plate. She loves the whipped cream.
So in one beautiful day in our fair city I made it to every single side of town not to mention the city center. Give me a break gas is down to a whopping $3.71 a gallon here.

I will part with a subject that is near and dear to me. Pedicures and Peep toes. If my child is going to continue to wear the adorable peep toe shoes granny got for her here. Then we are going to have to start giving her a pedicure. Look at her raggedy tootsers. But boy the shoes are CUTE!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

May I just say my friends have to stop blogging about feet? You guys are killing me.

Extremely jealous of the Cheesecake Factory...I just heard they sold their cheesecake for $1.50 a slice on 7/30...always too late for the good stuff.

Good for you getting out and about. We went to church, home, McAllisters and home. No gym today. Long story, but I think it has to do with the eclipse.

Mynde said...

I could have saved you a lot of time:
dentist- tons on the east side
cookies- sam's club
memaw- find one closer- like any of the women at church
flowers- steal from a neighbors yard
race tickets- skip the brickyard, just watch the mall walkers instead
lunch- my favorite, MCL (but not kosher- but we're not jewish?)
nap- ABSOLUTELY
gym- probably should go there, but yuck!
dinner- CHUCKE CHEESE (see- still cheese in the name)
All that, probably less than 10 miles total! Any other issues I can resolve?????