Sunday, August 3, 2008

Feel the burn baby

Boy do I ever feel it. Wednesday I met with the trainer guy at the gym. He has been giving us (Adam ,Mom and I) a updated program about every 4 weeks. This was our 3rd update. He walked me through exercises for our legs,core,back, and upper body. Well let me just tell you After his showing me what to do Wed I implemented them on my Friday workout. Holy Moses my legs are burning like they are on FIRE. I had been doing the leg press and I was doing 70lbs for 2 sets of 10 reps without any problems(or burn). Then I switched to doing squats with a barbell with only 30 lbs (he said use 20 but I couldn't find that one Friday) for 2 sets with 10 reps each. I'm telling you I am OK when standing but if I have to get up and down to sit in a chair I am begging for mercy. It's amazing to me the difference in muscle use. I only felt the burn with the leg press for the first week or two so maybe after a couple weeks this to will pass.Then today was fat burn day which means 45 minutes on the treadmill or bike. So I did about 35 minutes on the bike (about 7.5 miles) and thought my legs were going to give out. So I did the other 10 minutes on the treadmill. I am seriously not looking forward to how they will feel tomorrow either.
Speaking of tomorrow I have Monday and Tuesday to get with the program and get my house clean,laundry done,suitcases packed for a mini vacation this week. We are going to the state fairs balloon race and opening day on Wed. Then driving up to North Webster where some friends own a lake house where we are going to stay and go to a Geo caching event on Thursday.Then for a little bit Friday morning too. We are then heading back through Indy to re-pack and go stay in Louisville for the night where Adam and Bella will swim and Mom & I will go to the gambling hole (as my Granny used to call it) on Friday night. Then Adam and I head for my friend Edie's wedding in Nashville ,Tn on Sat night. Whew! I'm tired already

No comments: