Monday, August 25, 2008

My what a weekend

Well I filled you in on my Early Sat. After my aunts party I loaded up a van full of my family and drove them down here for an evening of treachery. I spent most of the night with Mom at the craps table and had a ball. I know very little about it and what I do I learned from Mom. All I know is that it is super fun. I didn't spend a penny but from 6 to 10 pm I had a blast. Mom lets me shoot the dice for her most times and I even had a guy let me shoot for him too. It is very fast paced and exciting. I can see why people get a gambling addiction.
We didn't get home until 2 am and then I was up at 8:30 to go with Mom to take her brother(my uncle) to the airport. He has a plane. Which if you've ever rode in a car with him is truly scary. Then we headed down to Bargersville to the flea market. I very rarely go there but it was to late o go to church and we were already in Greenwood . Not to mention my cousin had a bee in her bonnet to get a knock off Coach purse. Personally I'll wait until i go back to Chinatown as I thought they were a little on the high side at 50-75 $$ but she did talk her down to $40 so she was thrilled.

Then we headed to the Indianapolis Airshow at Noon. Let me tell you it was HOT!!
I was about to die most of the time I was there. It was truly a very awesome experience as I'd never been before but man o man I was burning up. Then when they started letting off Bombs
I nearly had a heart attack. We got to tour some planes and see a lot of cool formations and diving & rolling too. Over all it was a great time had by all.
Bella was truly engrossed by all of the action but by the time we left she was getting very cranky and nap time was calling. I think we will for sure do it again next year. Thanks to my dear friend Mynde who got us tickets and our dear friend Ted who works on the staff of that "Hot Stuff" plane . He was able to haul us around on one of these bad boys it sure made our lives a lot easier.
Tomorrow it's back to reality and work. I spent most of the day today trying to get my house back together after weekend visitors and not doing laundry all weekend either. At least I will be close to home for the next 2 days. Then Friday I am in Lafayette but it's not to bad my boss said I get to leave early for Labor day and I am doing a wedding cake there and those are always fun!

3 comments:

Ronda said...

I think you got better air show pictures than I did, my friend. I love that one with the Marine sitting on the whatchamakallit.

Mynde said...

Hot is an understatement- and who in the heck is Ted? Glad you had a good time and didn't pass out (like the other hundred folks!)

Mynde said...

By the way- photo contest at the air show website- lots of great prizes (currently piled in the corner of my office). You should enter your whatchmakallit picture. It's kind of cool. You only have until mid september to enter, what do you have to loose?