Sunday, August 10, 2008

Angling,Amish and Amazing vacation!

We went on a tour of northern Indiana that has been a blast. We went to our friends lake house and hung out,fished, and went to Amish country. I had never been to Shipshewana but wanted to visit a local bakery there. I had bought some awesome stuff they make called nutty crunch from the last year at the covered bridge festival and I had to have some more. So since they have no phone I knew they were somewhere between Middlebury and Shipshewana so via word of mouth we found it. I also bought some fab cinnamon rolls. I managed to almost single handily eat the entire container of it. Adam calls it "Amish Crack"


It was a beautiful area . I just don't think I could live there. I did love the laid back atmosphere for a few days though. Sometimes you just need that.
That's another reason the lake house was so fun. It was nice to do nothing and just hang out. The boat wouldn't start so we didn't get to go out on the water. Bella was disappointed but not as much as me. She was OK once Adam told her he would take her fishing though.
We all had fun ,they fished and I took a lot of photos. Bella caught about 10 fish in about 20 minutes and we were fishing right off of the boat that was still at the dock. She even held the fish a time or two. What a tough kid.
I made this cool ID card on flickr. I love playing around with all the options they have available. Tomorrow I am planning on doing a post about the wedding we went to last night.It was a nice time and my friend was so happy and beautiful.More later....

2 comments:

Mynde said...

It looks like you had a really nice time. Amish country is beautiful- have I ever told you I want to be Amish? I really do- kind of goes along with the farmer thing. Once those Amish get air conditioning- it will become a possibility for me. Then I just have to talk Dan into it, who has already said he won't. But see- then I could make you fabulous crunch (no nutty from us-sorry) that you would drive around looking for and my husband could tend the land and make nice wooden furniture. I would learn to drive one of those buggies and my children would work the fields. Ahhhhh! Right now I could totally go for the simple life- as there is nothing simple right now.

Ronda said...

My parents just went to Shipshewana this weekend! Small world. I'm loving your pictures and your mosaics. I need to make one with my own pictures. I haven't attempted it, yet.