Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fair,Food & Fun




Welcome to the Indiana State Fair. We went on Wed ,Opening Day to see the hot air balloon race. We went last year and a few years ago and I am prepared to make it a family tradition. I love the cool crisp morning air. Seeing all of the people running around to get their balloon in the air is fun too. Then to see it through Bella's eyes is even better. She was truly disappointed that she wasn't offered a ride in one though.I guess after this incident I am OK with it.




HERE IS YOUR ONLY WARNING OF WHAT'S BELOW




Bella has yet to learn the 1st rule of the animal barns. Watch where you step! Like any good mother I snapped a picture instead of rushing to her aid. Don't be to harsh on me ,I had to clean the shoe.

Adam's hope with most animals is that he will see them on his plate! Bella loved hanging out in the barns and petting all the beautiful animals. She even forgave the poo after awhile.

She really took a liking to this mule named Mandy. We even got to go into her stall thanks to a nice owner. She also really loved the cat show . Which in all my years of the state fair(nearly 40) I had never seen. It was hidden away behind closed doors ,like they wanted no one to find it. It was really cool all of the effort folks put into "dressing up" the cat's cages.


Who knew the were so interesting?It may explain why I am not a "cat" person though. I am going to close with some pictures of food and floral and shots around the grounds.

What are you waiting for "GET TO THE FAIR"

No comments: