Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What a weekend

We left home on Thursday afternoon headed for my Mom's side of the family's reunion. It's down in south eastern Kentucky. We drove to a little town called Dry Ridge the 1st night and stayed in a hotel. Then up bright and early on the 4th to go the rest of the way down. We stayed at a cool KOA campground at a nice little cabin they called the lodge.

It POURED rain the entire way there Friday. We had planned to go to Cumberland Falls State Park to get a level 5/5 Geocache but Adam was bummed that we would have to do it in the pouring rain. I told him it was now or never and we can't let a little rain stop us. So Mom took Bella with her to visit our family and we headed off to find the cache. We got to the place without problems but headed in the wrong way. When we finally managed to find the right approach into the area we had hiked about 1.5 to 2 miles up and down some really rough terrain. Raise your hand if you were aware that Yellow Jackets live in the ground? Well I know now ,4 stings later. We had to run with all our might to get away from them. Not easy after a 2 mile hike. Then I found at least 6-7 ticks on me at different times during the hike. Over all it took us 2.5 hrs to get it but it was well worth it.






Then we head back to civilization and meet up with the family. Where Bella promptly gets sick all over the place. So instead of going to the family fish fry we went back to the lodge to relax. Well, that didn't last long ,My other cousin called on the way in his car's alternator was going out. At least he was able to make it to the campground. We were able to find a parts place open on the 4th. So all of the family came back over and brought the part from the city and they had it in in 15 minutes. So much for relaxing. We hung out all night and talked .




We got up Sat and started cooking some things for the reunion. Then headed over to the next county for that. It was fun but it's very rural and hot without A/C so we were not there for very long.




Adam,Bella and I went back to the cabin to play and go swimming. It was fun but the water was really cold with all of the rain they had.Then everyone went to the fireworks we put Bella to bed with Mom and watched Vantage Point,It was really good. We both started watching it at the gym and couldn't finish it there so we sat in the tent (we put one up and never slept there due to the rain)and watched it.


Sunday we got up and headed home via Cincinnati. Adam wanted to find a few caches. I wanted to go to Montgomery Inn and to Jungle Jims. We had a wonderful time but it was back to reality of the grocery,laundry and the gym yesterday. I love to go away as much as I hate to come back and put everything away.


I guess I'd better get ready for it since I'll be leaving Friday for my step side of the families reunion in Hillsboro this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing so folks I have not seen under good circumstances for awhile.


I 'll leave with some inside shots of our cool cabin at the KOA

No comments: