Friday, July 25, 2008

Produce...It's what's for FARMERS



My dear friends Mynde & Ronda have been posting this week of their astute agricultural skills. They have proudly been displaying vegetables in various stages of growth. They (well one of them) has even planned a deluded "farm life" complete with barns,farm houses,farm hands and big country dinner tables. On one hand I commend them for teaching their children where fruits and vegetables come from and how we can use God's soil to produce his bounty. I am sure the kids are loving that part of it,even if they wouldn't even consider their lips touching any portion of said veggies. The girls do live in Hancock county so I guess they can consider themselves a tad more "country" than me since I am about 3-4 miles away in the the big metropolis of Indianapolis.
I however prefer to get my produce from places like Sam's club or Marsh heck I might even get frisky and go to Costco. To me it kills several birds with one stone they have really cool stuff like canned goods,Meat, frozen veggies,prepared meals if I'm feeling lazy.
Yes my "farm" is the mall or the Babies R Us(not Toys R Us mind you) I go there to hunt and gather all types of goodies. Marked down clothes for next summer or shoes. I don't get to do it very often as I usually have to drag my "farm hand" with me and that's not conducive to bargain hunting for sure. Yesterday thanks to my in -laws I was able to go out "farming" all by myself and s check out the bumper crop below.
including two bathing suits and a cover up for under $20 not to bad for a 1st harvest!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

You are too, too funny! I'll have to share that lesson with the boys -- I haven't done that yet. Oops. The only reason we've done this is because my little dirt digger, Nick, was going to dig *something*.

I did some hunting and gathering of your variety the other day. I'm thinking with my group, the garden may be easier!

Mynde said...

This winter when my family is well fed from all the home grown veggies I have put up, you guys will just be sitting around starved to death- but looking cute in your new swimsuit I might add : ) And when our five tomatoes that we've grown run out, we will go to the ronda's to see if any of her 3 green beans or her 1 cucumber is left to share. See- I'm thinking ahead!