Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not quite official....

I'm still 39 until after 11pm tonight. So more than likely I'll ring in my 40 years asleep. I'll be needing all the sleep I can get after yesterday's shindig at University Park. I planned to have it here because all of the kids could play and keep themselves occupied on the really cool brand new playground equipment.
The photo does not do this behemoth justice. It has a Rock wall and tons of other cool stuff. This however is where planning went wrong. After 2.3 seconds on this playground my poor dear friend Mynde's daughter Ally fell off of it and broke her arm. So they were off as soon as they arrived to the nearest hospital. Then they had to eat yucky hospital food and spend a beautiful sunny day with their 3 kids at the hospital. So much for planning huh!
On the bonus side last night on my way home(with TONS of extra food) I called said friend and told her I was dropping off the excess to her house. I got a really cool birthday gift.

She was a very very good chooser. I had actually been at Jungle Jim's (one of my fav place's on earth) with Adam and saw these and fell in love.Then poof my friend saw them and thought I'd like it.

I do I do I do I do <----- Sorry I got carried away and broke into a rousing rendition of an ABBA favorite. I guess it's because Mom and I went out Thursday night and saw the movie "Momma Mia" We were in NYC in May a got tickets to see it on Broadway and TRUST me it was totally awesome. You know it was great when (except for the Greek scenery) the actors were better (in our humble opinion) that the likes of Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan.

Tonight after Adam has spent ALL DAY (8 am to 6pm) at the Brickyard we are planning on going to a hotel he got from free from his work.He is to pooped to pop and I will probably spend the evening watching TV and taking a shower. Oh well at least I'll not have to wait on anyone and get to relax which if you know me is no small feat.

As promised earlier below are a few pictures I got at the party before my battery bit the dust.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Happy birthday, dahling! Hope the hotel is wonderful.

By the way, you said that wasn't a bad picture...liar!