Monday, July 28, 2008

This is what OLD looks like.


I turned 40 yesterday and we went up to the north side to stay in a hotel. It was so late when we left and Adam &I both had a long day so I knew there would not be a lot of excitement. We checked in and I jumped in the shower while my Dear Husband went to the Bonefish Grill and picked me up dinner. He go the room free through his work so they provided dinner for him at the hotel. Believe me I got the better end of the deal. Then we watched the nice 42 inch flat screen while I had a lemon drop . It was a nice relaxing way to ring in OLD.

Then we had to get up this morning and get back to real life. I got a call last week about a part-time position with a company I used to do business with. So I had a interview with them today at 9. I had to drop Adam off at work and race over there. It went well and last and hour and a half. Then I had to race home to take my Mother in-law to Sam's club for some vanilla. I guess she pays a lot for it in Connecticut but then again she pays a lot for everything there.

So the in-laws left this morning after Sam's club. They are going to make the 12-14 hr trip in one day and they didn't even leave until around 11:30. So it's going to be one long day for them.Linda was crying when they left. She really misses Bella when it's time to go. Bella kept saying "Where are you going Grandma" "Papaw why do you have to go home?" However before you know it we will be on our way out to see them in November for Roger & Erkia's wedding.

It was supposed to be a day at the gym but the daycare ends at 1pm and doesn't open again until 4pm so I guess I can forget it until tomorrow. Tonight I have asked Mom to hang with Bell and I at the Laundry mat. I hate to go there but it makes it so so easy to get the mountains of laundry I have done in no time.That leaves tomorrow open for gym and cleaning the rest of my filthy house.

I will leave this post with a few closing shots of the hotel we stayed in and the view out the window. It was way better in person . Not to mention you can see my reflection in the window as I took the shot. Oh well you get the idea right?

2 comments:

Ronda said...

A.) You don't look old.
B.) You look better than me on any given day.
C.) You dirty, rotten dog. Room service from your husband? awesome.
D.) You still don't look old.

I hope the job thing works out!

Mynde said...

It that is what old looks like, I'll take it. I've heard that 50 is the new 30, but I'm not sure where that leaves 40- probably like a middle child or something. You are fabulous (although kind of on my bad list for bringing all those fabulous cupcakes to my house).