Tuesday, September 9, 2008

She's 3...

Well it's been a minute since I've posted. I'd have tons of photo's from our weekend at the Geocaching Fall picnic but I forgot the battery to the camera like an idiot. I guess it's for the best as I spent a lot of time in the tent because I was sick. I froze to death on Friday and Sat night and was coughing and stuffed up the whole time. Bella and Adam had the run of the park the whole weekend. Then Bella and I came home early on Sunday so he could cache the rest of the day.
Yesterday was Miss Bugga's 3rd birthday. It was a grand day indeed. We started off by playing in the backyard on her play set. Then she made a nest in the tree so the birdies would come visit us. After that we headed to Panera for one of her all time faves a Cinnamon Crunch bagel(like mother like daughter) I asked her if she'd like to go to her city (that's what she calls downtown) and take a walk. We headed to the White River state park and walked the canal. We saw baby ducks, A Mastodon,(not quite sure what she's looking for) A really cool steam clock. Then she noticed and advertisement for a whales and dolphins movie at the Indiana State Museum IMAX theater. She asked to go see it. She had never been to a real movie theater so I decided it was as good a day as any to give it a whirl. She really did pretty good and was only scared by the whales a couple of times I think the IMAX makes it a little TOO close. We left the theater at 3:45 and she was sound asleep by 4 so I dropped her at her Dad's work so I could get everything ready for her small party. Here she is as Dad brought he in the restaurant. She was so surprised it was too cute.
Then we all settled down to some pizza and bread sticks. After dinner we opened presents and cards. Then it was time to eat some cake & Ice cream. The theme was Strawberry shortcake if you couldn't tell. She had a wonderful birthday and got lots of presents and I think it was a pretty successful day.

3 comments:

Mynde said...

That dear poor sweet neglected child- thinking that small children go to chicagos pizza for their birthday. Not knowing that somewhere near by, there is a giant costumed rat with a balloon wondering where in the heck Bella is on her birthday. CHUCKE CHEESE, it was made for 3 year olds!

Happy Birthday Bella!

Ronda said...

You stick to your guns and your Chicago Pizza. Our kids haven't figured out that they can invite kids over for their birthdays, yet. That's why we don't let them talk to the Gobles!!

Mynde said...

You guys can run- but you can't hide : )