Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back in action

What is it with us? We have been camping a lot this summer ,at least 8 weekends in several different states,different months all with one common denominator RAIN!!! Every single stinking time,downpour or drizzle. A hour or sun up to sun set. What's a family to do? At least this time Bella was not with us and I didn't have to keep a 3 year old from mudding up the entire tent like usual. She stayed home with her Granny while Dad and I went up to Meemaw Sandy's property in Sheridan for a party. It was fun and I was so happy to see a lot of old friends and make a few new ones but YUCK it was wet the whole stinking time. The good news is I don't have a cold which is what has happened almost every time we've camped too.
I am back in action at the Gym too. Yesterday was my 1st day back and Tomorrow I'll be going too. I can't tell that I missed a beat in the treadmill but my chest is feeling the press and the Ab cruncher is doing it's part too. I really need to focus on making this a full lifetime change so that I can be there for Bella when she is ready to ride the rides at Cedar Point or Disney World. I want to be on there with her and be able to keep up with her as best as possible for a 40 year old arthritic woman can.
I am leaving Thursday for a couple days out of town. I am filling in for a persons vacation which stinks as it is a set schedule and I'll have to work whatever they need. They good news is even though I'll be exhausted I will be able to go to the hotel Thursday evening an order dinner in and lay on my hiney and watch TV . That is if I don't get carried away (this scenario is much more likely if you know me) and head out to Jungle Jim's and Ikea for a brief jaunt. Not to mention the HUGE cake store that's right now the road and in and all new building too.
Then I am going to race home Friday night to at least see my Mom on her birthday for a late night dinner and maybe a movie. Looks like I am back in Hi-Gear Huh?

2 comments:

Mynde said...

Sounds dangerous. You need a chaperone. I'll go! See you thursday bright and early : ) Can we order martinis in too?

Ronda said...

Glad to hear your back held up at the gym! Way to go, girlfriend. Have fun on your travels (but not TOOOO much!)