Saturday, September 20, 2008

An apple a day...












Doesn't always keep the Dr. away. I have been have back issues for the last month and it had gotten progressively worse over the last 2 weeks. Last Thursday was the worst so I made an appt for the Dr. on the following Tues. Well of course I got up Friday and was pretty fine all day long. Then Sat came and we took a planned trip to the Apple Orchard in Mooresville.No trip to Mooresville would be complete with out a trip here afterwards. So long story short I way way way over did it on Sat and by 4 am Sunday I was locked up tight. I got up and took ibuprofen and got a hot towel for my back and it took me over and hour to get back to sleep. I spent the next 2 days hobbling around here like a 90 year old woman. Then Tuesday I was way past ready to be fixed. I thought for sure what I had was a mild case of Sciatica as I had a serious case 10 years ago that I put off getting checked till I could barely drive the pain was so bad down my leg to my foot. No such luck this time though. My new Dr. (which I really liked) checked me out did some X-rays to come back with the Arthritis diagnosis. YUCK! all the stories are true you turn 40 and fall apart in a heap.

Oh well we had a blast at the orchard and Bella got to pick apples this year. Last year the apple picking was terrible. She also got to pick out a nice pre-season pumpkin with her Granny.My cousin Lisa got a bag of apples to make pies with and I got Adam a peck of peaches and myself a bag of Gala's for my lunch bag. Over all it was a good day I just had to play now and pay later.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Look at your hot mama self! Nick gets to go to Anderson (Pleasant View) next Tuesday, and Cooper gets to go to Tuttles on Thursday. We're not going to need to see a doc for a while.

I hope your back is doing better.

Your pics are really, really great! I can't pick a favorite.