Sunday, October 19, 2008

Let's Face it....

I'm not going to win any blogging contests any time soon. However I have gotten off my duff or should I say decided to sit on my duff long enough to inform you of our goings on.
Last weekend Mr. Papi took Bugga to Connor Prairie for all that is pumpkins festival. They made a pumpkin hat ,roasted pumpkin seeds, learned about and got to pick Pumpkins. Overall he reported it was a success and Bug didn't argue so there you have it.He also took a few pictures which makes it pretty successful in Mom's eyes too.Here is his work.
Then after a short nap we headed downtown to meet up with my family for our yearly excursion to the Leukemia & Lymphoma "Light the Night Walk".A fundraiser that honors people with these diseases and there fight against it. It was a wonder full night to walk. Not to cold and a nice walk route along the canal. As always it's very heart wrenching to hear about the battles these folks go through daily. I have lost 2 people very dear to me from this terrible disease and desperately hope & pray that one day there will be a cure.

I had to work 3 days last week including Monday which is hard as that is my normal day to play catch up from the weekend. This week I really truly needed to catch up as we weren't home much at all. I went to early services on Sunday as Adam and Bella were both feeling under the weather. Then I headed to Rockville to the "Covered Bridge Festival" It was fun and hot. This year it was way more hot that in years past so we didn't stay long . Not to mention it was Sunday and we NEVER come on Sunday and totally spaced that the Amish booth would not be open so we didn't get any wonderful candy or fresh butter for our Thanksgiving feast like we had in years past. Oh well! I guess I'll just have to drag out the churn . ( Ya right I wanted to make sure you were still with me)

This past Friday I worked at home making a bunch of cakes for the Women's Guild bake sale. It was fun and Bella got to watch and ask way to many questions. Then we took her to church for our annual Kid's Kingdom Karnival. She had a blast (Thanks Ms.Mynde) and didn't want to leave.Adam and I were able to price some stuff for the church's booth at the yard sale and go out to dinner at O'Charleys (Thanks Ms. Mynde).Then on Sat we went to support the church and buy baked goods (wink) and shop the sale. Then we headed home to clear out the barn and garage and made a trip to Goodwill to drop off stuff we deemed not yard saleable, we also sprayed the house with bug killer to keep the spiders that come in every winter out.We had planned to go over to a friends house for awhile but I didn't call them early enough so instead we went to the movies. We saw a sophomoric high school movie but it was funny and that's what we needed after prepping our house for winter all day.I'll close this post with a few shots of Bug playing in the yard as we cleaned out the garage. Her Dad taught her how to throw leaves....Let's hope he can teach her how to rake them!


2 comments:

Ronda said...

Your "busy" would kill me. Probably not, but I sure couldn't keep up the pace.

Bella is just beautiful, by the way. Great pictures!

Mynde said...

I LOVE the Rockville Covered Bridge Festival- haven't been since I was a kid. Hope it was fun. Wish I had the endurance to try and take my kids there- just too crowded : )

Cute pictures of bella in action!